God saw him getting tired, a cure not meant to be, so He put his arms around him, and whispered "Come with Me." I had to put down my cat today. Bently was 15-16 years old, we adopted Bently and Julious in November of 2001 from my father-in-law who could no longer watch them. Bently was scared at first he didn't like people except the ones he lived with. And that took awhile for him to warm up. My dogs were scared of him, he would thump them on the nose if they got to close. Bently was a grey tabby Garfield look a like. He was big 20lbs when we brought him home. I would like to think he lived a great life. He lost alot of weight in a short time down to 7lbs in two weeks. I let it go thinking he didn't act like he was in any pain. Then he stopped eating, we had to do everything we could to get him to eat. The last sign was him not using the litter box, but my whole house. Which was the sign of liver or kidney failure. The vet said all the possibilities were, diabetes, thyroid, liver,kidney,or heart cancer. Most of which aren't treatable with his age. Others would cost me money I don't have and might not even help. I told him I'm sorry and asked for his forgiveness, I had to let him go. Our family chain is broken and nothing seems the same: but as God calls us one by one the chain will link again.
Monday, December 15, 2008
A Sad Day for the Curthoys
God saw him getting tired, a cure not meant to be, so He put his arms around him, and whispered "Come with Me." I had to put down my cat today. Bently was 15-16 years old, we adopted Bently and Julious in November of 2001 from my father-in-law who could no longer watch them. Bently was scared at first he didn't like people except the ones he lived with. And that took awhile for him to warm up. My dogs were scared of him, he would thump them on the nose if they got to close. Bently was a grey tabby Garfield look a like. He was big 20lbs when we brought him home. I would like to think he lived a great life. He lost alot of weight in a short time down to 7lbs in two weeks. I let it go thinking he didn't act like he was in any pain. Then he stopped eating, we had to do everything we could to get him to eat. The last sign was him not using the litter box, but my whole house. Which was the sign of liver or kidney failure. The vet said all the possibilities were, diabetes, thyroid, liver,kidney,or heart cancer. Most of which aren't treatable with his age. Others would cost me money I don't have and might not even help. I told him I'm sorry and asked for his forgiveness, I had to let him go. Our family chain is broken and nothing seems the same: but as God calls us one by one the chain will link again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment