You can't see in the picture, but it actually makes my house look 10 times bigger. So you all will have to stop by and see for your selves.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
New flooring
I am happy to say its taken forever, but I finally got my wood floors. Praying, wishing, and saving for over two years. You all know I love Animals more then just about everything. I would take in any stray or pick up any dog that didn't have the best home possible. Although my husband doesn't feel the same or the carpet I had. (it was awful) Now Allan can't complain about the carpet or the smell anymore. YEAH.
Here's Allan hard at work. And yes for all you men out there I did help him pull up carpet and carpet tack strip.
The boys just didn't know what to do. They couldn't play or really walk around because of all the nails on the ground. (sorry about some of the picture, they came out with spots on them.)
My Ghetto baby. Shirt, shoes but no pants.
I have to give special thanks to MIKE and DANA (my in-laws) as well as my DAD (who is not in any pictures) for helping with the flooring. If it wasn't for family this my have never gotten done. Mike was wonderful he came out here from Chandler on his weekend and spent his day cutting and fitting. Even when he was tired and wanted to go home he stayed to finish my laundry room, so I could do laundry that weekend.
My dad stayed all weekend to help lay the flooring and with his cool tools to measure out the cuts. was wonderful. I probably don't say this enough, but I love and would be no where without my family and extended family. You all mean so much to me.
Starting the bath room the 2nd day. As you can tell the floor matches the cabinets. Isn't Allan good he matched that pretty good without knowing the color of the cabinets.
Bad picture, but hopefully you get the jest.
Our computer room down stairs. I have 3 black rolling chairs for the desk, but I'm scared to bring them in I don't want to scratch the floor. So see my nice stool as my chair. Hard to believe but its not comfortable.

The kitchen just done and sweep isn't it beautiful.


You can't see in the picture, but it actually makes my house look 10 times bigger. So you all will have to stop by and see for your selves.
So I had to take a picture of 3 of my girls in the beds. They know at night that they have to be in there. Izzy came to me with this cat bed that is the square thing in the kennels with the round opening. Sage kind of took it over so I bought her one, Allan thought shyanne felt left out so I got her one too.
Shyanne (blue bed), Sage (pink flower bed), Izzy (red bed)
You can't see in the picture, but it actually makes my house look 10 times bigger. So you all will have to stop by and see for your selves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The Flooring LOOKS GREAT! I love hardwood flooring! It will be a lot easier to keep up with the animals for sure !! Your dogs are cute! And no your son is not ghetto..It happens with every kid lol
I would love to add wood floors in parts of my home!!! Your floors look great and it does make the rooms look larger....Don't forget to clean from time to time..LOL
Post a Comment