Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Tonsils and Adenoids

My little man... We all know he doesn't talk. After a year and a half of speech therapy he's doing a little bit better. I had a sit down interview with the speech therapist at Dyllan's school who told me that Dyllan is a mouth breather. I said so, So am I. I always have been I never thought of it as a problem. Mouth breathers usually have tonsils or Adenoids problems she says. His tonsils have been swollen since birth and they really don't bother him that much. He has never had strep, But he snores a little and chocks on food sometimes. I was told he has a small air passage way, so every time Dyllan gets the slittest cold he gets CROUP. We've gotten used to that since he gets croup at least 6 times a year. The therapist also says that enlarged tonsils or adenoids block the airway coming out so he doesn't get enough air to get the whole word out. That's why he says do for dog and Da for Dallan. We took Dyllan to the ENT who has never heard or even thought of that as being a reason for a kid not to talk or develop problems with talking. To make his story short. Dyllan will be going in for laryngoscopy surgery to have both his tonsils and his adenoids taken out. February 27 or March 10, 2009.. I will keep you all up to date on this and his new found Ice cream fetish that he gets after the surgery.

I can't show them to you without gagging my little man, so here he is trying his best to show the world.


2 comments:

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

wow thats weird..well I hope it helps him out !!

Veronica said...

Sorry to hear this...I hope it works...Poor guy....How is he doing? Do you have a date yet?